turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I e-filed my 2017 fed & Michigan state taxes & am paying by auto debit. 2017 Michigan electronic filing instruction printout says I'm paying by check & to mail return??

I don't know.  I haven't received any updates from TurboTax yet.

I e-filed my 2017 fed & Michigan state taxes & am paying by auto debit. 2017 Michigan electronic filing instruction printout says I'm paying by check & to mail return??

We are adding all these to the record and will follow up with you as soon as possible.
hychang32

Same issue here as of 2/14/2018. token number: 408832
obleena

Come on Turbo Tax.  You have plenty of examples of this problem. Why can't you advise people of what's going on so they can get their taxes done.  You have known about this for at least two weeks.

Agreed, you wouldn't think it would take this long :(
obleena

I just efiled my Michigan return and provided information for direct debit.  The instructions that printed out state to mail the return with a check.  I see there is a glitch with the instructions to mail that is going to be fixed, but do I need to actually mail a check for payment or is this another glitch?

This should be fixed now.
obleena

@TurboTaxJackR  - For State of Michigan returns e-filed with and accepted by the State, will the direct debit take place as scheduled when the return was submitted?

@obleena I don't think this error should have slowed down this process. It's just that incorrect information was reflected on the print out.
rk7

TurboTaxJackR - now that this is fixed, will my tax return now reprint without the erroneous information?

I have the same problem, filed 2-20-18. The TT phone agent tells me her info says I'm paying by debit and that the e-file has been accepted by MI, but my written filing instructions tell me to file a signed paper return and submit a paper check. I asked for a written statement from TT giving me correct filing instructions but the agent said she couldn't do that. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and, after waiting 15 minutes then being cut off, was told on another call a supervisor would contact me within 24 hours. That did not happen. The info on TT when I hit the "Download.tax file" button still shows the "file paper return/submit paper check" error. How does this get fixed? When will I get the promised response?  I have now followed the directions above and have TOKEN NUMBER 416638.

I see that on 2-23-18, TT issued guidance saying "If you have e-filed your Michigan return, it is not necessary to print and mail in your Michigan tax return." However, this does not address the direct debit issue. the direct debit for my MI tax payment was supposed to happen yesterday (2-23-18) but has not (yet) hit my account.
javasack

Same problem here. I have tried to contact TT via the "Contact us" button but the system locks up at step #3.

@javasack Is that same problem still happening?

MI return e filed. Direct debit payment scheduled for 4/1 but unable to find documentation of that. Token 435623.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies