Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NYS It-203-B

I am an out of state resident filing a 2021 return. I worked for two non New York employers one half year for each. I worked 10 days in New York for one employer and 15 days for the other in New York State. IT 203-B readily accepted the per day information on employer 1 but not for employer 2. The w-2's are both in good order. I tried Easy Step and Forms. Nothing worked. I don't want to override, which  I can do, because that will prevent me from filing electronically, I believe. My sense is that there is a problem with the Turbotax software. I will very much appreciate any thoughts.

Stormin"

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

NYS It-203-B

Do your W-2s have New York wages? If not you can just report NY wages in the state section.

• Say Yes on the screen Did you have any New York State Wages?
  • Add the name of your employer and the amount you earned in NY
  • On Allocate Wages to New York choose 100% New York State Income (because you are only reporting what you earned in NY)
  • Add your second employer and follow the same procedure
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

NYS It-203-B

Thanks for input. It worked beautifully. I am now awaiting reply to my second question (on FEIE) sent last night. 

stormin

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

NYS It-203-B

@stormin I sent you a reply last night.  Here is a copy of the reply.

It depends. According to this IRS source, if you lived in Germany the entire time from 01/01/2021 through 12/31/2021 for an uninterrupted stay, you can qualify as an Bona-fide resident. The brief visit to the US will not disqualify you from being a bona-fide resident. 

It sounds like you would qualify for the physical presence test also according to IRS.gov, If you lived in Germany for at least 330 days in 2021, you will be able to qualify. 

Use one or the other but can't use both. The 2555 won't allow it. The response that I gave is assuming you lived in Germany for the entire year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies