Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

No issue date on missouri drivers license

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
Linda H
Returning Member

On older Missouri drivers license, the issue date is actually a string of numbers vertically along side the picture. You will also need a Julian calendar for the year of issue. I was needing the year 2012, so I googled "Julian calendar 2012" and it gave me images to pick from. Here is an example:

The number along side the picture vertically was 120432920010. The first 2 numbers are the year (2012), the 6th, 7th and 8th are the Julian date (in this case the 292nd day of the year). When looking at a Julian calendar for 2012, which was a leap year, the 292nd date was October 18th, so the issue date was 10-18-12.  Hope this info helps.

dbooth51

I tried it and it works (just Google the day of year info).  Thanks!

what did you use for format?
Linda H
Returning Member

Not sure what you mean when you asked what I used for format. The explanation above (including example) explains how to convert the vertical number into the issue date.
dbooth51

If you mean the date format used for the DL issuance date in Turbo Tax, I used mm/dd/yyyy.

I entered the only other date on a Missouri license - the birth date as it is shown on the license.  It went through with out a problem after that. 

I found this other solution: If you are using the software and you find out that your ID does not have an ISS (Date Issued), you will not be able to use this feature, instead remove the data from the ID number field and the expiration date field. Even though you have the Drivers License checked, it will allow you to continue as long as all the fields are empty.

Ha I thought Julian date code only existed with labeling and dating at warehouses and factories. Had no Idea they used it for licenses too.

Anitamgc

There is no issue date on my Missouri drivers license

BillM223
Expert Alumni

The comments above tell you how to find the issue date on older licenses as well as how to delete entries so that you can file.

Did neither solution work for you?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies