Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NJ State Tax Pending for 3 days

My NJ state tax return has been in Pending status since 4/13 . Federal return was filed and accepted on 4/13 .  What to do ?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

25 Replies
FangxiaL
Expert Alumni

State returns typically take longer than federal returns. Keep an eye on it to make sure it is not rejected. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

4 days and waiting  for the status to change . Is there an issue with Turbo Tax for NJ state tax return ? Who from Turbo Tax can look at this ? Calling customer service is no help as it's not connecting to a live agent . 

several filers have been reporting here that NJ e-file is stuck at PENDING.

LE17

What if the NJ return is rejected after the due date?  Should I file an extension request? I assume the payment date I selected of 4/18 will be honored even if the money is withdrawn from my account after 4/18.  Thoughts?

NJCK
Level 2

Mine has been pending all week.

Mine was accepted after 6 days . Should get accepted . 

htmw
Level 2

I submitted mine on April 17. It is still pending after 7 days. Next time, I am just going to mail it.

I filed on the 18th and still pending as of today.  My NY and Federal were accepted w/in a few hours.  Hopefully, everyone finds some resolution to this.  

I tried entering my info on the NJ taxation website but says they don't have anything r/t my social.  

OP did yours finally get accepted?

I'm sorry OP -- you mentioned after 6 days it was accpeted 

any luck yet two days later?

Filed my Federal and NJ State on 4/18/22.    Federal was accepted within 6 hours.    Today is 4/26/22, 8 days later,  and NJ state return  is still in pending status

htmw
Level 2

April 26th and still pending. No luck. 8 days already. Next year, I am mailing NJ tax.

... I feel a little better knowing everyone else is experiencing the same thing.  But yeah, it's never taken this long ... and you would think they want their darn money

jsaphire7

I filed my NJ return on 4/18 along with my sons, and both of ours are still pending as well.  I can only assume NJ is really behind.  I would have been more worried if I didn't see so many others pending also.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies