Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jqui817763
Returning Member

NJ election board worker income is not taxable as state income w/2022 taxes but there is no way I’ve found to exclude it using turbo tax deluxe. Anyone have a solution?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

NJ election board worker income is not taxable as state income w/2022 taxes but there is no way I’ve found to exclude it using turbo tax deluxe. Anyone have a solution?

How were you paid? Did you receive a W-2, 1099 or no form?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jqui817763
Returning Member

W2 nj income was 0 but turbo tax used federal taxable amount

LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

The election board income was not taxable to NJ state tax return purposes.

Compensation paid to election workers is includible as wage income for income tax purposes, and may be treated as wages for Social Security and Medicare (FICA) tax purposes.

jqui817763
Returning Member

understand federal requirements. Issue is no way to have it excluded for state using turbo tax 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

You should be able to enter it as an adjustment. The NJ has the w2 section and Other Non-Wage Income for adjustments.

You said you got a w2 so it should be a W2 adjustment.

AC53
Returning Member

Same problem here;  I got a W2 with the income listed in the Federal box but the State Income box was blank.  The federal amount was included in my NJ wage income.

When I entered 0 as the state income  in the W2 Box 16 Turbo Tax removed the amount from my NJ income.  I guess the computer doesn't assume a blank space and zero are the same thing.  

Box 15 did already have the state name and ID number filled in.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies