Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

HolmdelTom
Returning Member

New Jersey Taxes Filed Electronically and accepted . Then, asked to file copies of 1099's and other withholding documents.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this  issue with the New Jersey state tax department.

For the last two years, New Jersey tax department accepted my Turbo Tax state  return filed electronically. Both years after two months,  I was  contacted  and told to  supply paper or PDF copies of my1099s and other withholding statements before they can process my return.  Why wait two months to ask for this information? Is the NJ Tax department’s   IT  organization so challenged they cannot process the documents from the financial intuitions that  indicate your earnings and state tax withholding when the withheld taxes are sent to them? During this same two year period, my  federal tax returns,  Turbo Tax e filed,  are processed and accepted with this documentation.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

New Jersey Taxes Filed Electronically and accepted . Then, asked to file copies of 1099's and other withholding documents.

Most likely, the state did not receive those forms from the folks who issued them, and/or never received the actuals funds that were withheld.  Or perhaps you were subject to random review.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies