Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife lives is Michigan and she is MI resident but she works remotely for a company in Massachusetts. She has her MI address on W2 and has only MI tax withheld.

My wife lives is Michigan and she is Michigan resident but she works remotely for a company in Massachusetts. She has her Michigan address on W2 and has only MI tax withheld. Does she need to pay Massachusetts taxes? And how do we answer this question "Did either of you make money in any other states?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My wife lives is Michigan and she is MI resident but she works remotely for a company in Massachusetts. She has her MI address on W2 and has only MI tax withheld.

If she never lived or worked in MA and did not have MA state income taxes withheld from her wages then there is no reason to file a Massachusetts state income tax return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If she never lived or worked in MA and did not have MA state income taxes withheld from her wages then there is no reason to file a Massachusetts state income tax return.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response. So this question ""Did either of you make money in any other states?" should be answered as no right?

Correct, you should answer No to the question about making money in another state.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies