Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My state return support needed

Hello. 

- I filed my state return it was processed but my SSN is incorrect by 1 digit.

I've contacted the department or revenue taxpayer local office in Colorado. They said: The return has now been processed but with an invalid ID, so the refund is on hold. Because of the situation, I think it would be best to make an appointment with the office so they can help me. Please bring with you a valid ID and your SSN card, as well as a copy of your amended return. We can get it worked out far easier.
Is there a deadline for the return to be amended? what will happen to a refund if a tax return is not amended in a given time frame? the state return will be canceled or?

- If the DL or ID is expired on the state return and is not re-issued do I leave it blank on the amended return or do I need to have the new id number?

- So, for all of these I need to Amend the state return not file a new state return with my correct SSN right?
What If at the moment I don't have my state ID and I decide to amend or file a new one at the section ID where it says ID number and date of issue - do I just cross horizontally the incorrect and or leave it blank?

If I file a new state return with my correct SSN will that cause a confusion with the previous return that has incorrect SSN error?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Your best bet is to call the state and ask them.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

you cannot amend a return to change a taxpayer social security number.

A return with an incorrect SSN should be REJECTED.

SUBMIT a correct tax return via US Mail.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies