Since your Federal return has been
accepted, and since it appears that all the Maine and Massachusetts forms are
available, you should be able to go back and open up your State returns
to complete and file them. Carefully review them before filing since the forms may have updated since you last worked
NOTE: When you go back to your account to finish and file your return, you may see a notice to finish and file the state returns. If so, you can follow that path to see if it gets you back to the state return.
If it doesn't, here's a way to open the state return back up. Don't make any changes to the Federal return, since it has already been filed.
- Log in and go to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents." Click on that line or the word SHOW to expand that section.
- Choose 2017.
- Choose "Add a state." (you're not really adding one; that's just to get the return to open up.)
- Once the return is open, you can go to the State Taxes tab to complete the state returns.
Carefully review them before filing since some of the forms may have
updated. Continue in that section until it says "Done with State" (or similar words.)
- Also step through the REVIEW tab to run the error check and be sure all is in order.
- Then go to the FILE section to select a filing method, and choose to file only the State returns.
- If efiling, make sure you go all the way to the end and click on "Transmit My Returns Now."
- If filing by mail, you will need to print, sign, and mail the return yourself. TurboTax does not mail it for you.