Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My federal and state tax returns were accepted on April 8 and federal was drafted but nothing yet for state. What do I need to do to make sure the state is paid on time?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My federal and state tax returns were accepted on April 8 and federal was drafted but nothing yet for state. What do I need to do to make sure the state is paid on time?

Better double Check the printout or PDF of your return; look for the state cover sheet with the Turbotax logo.  If you owed tax, it will show the payment information and how/when you decided to pay.  Read the state payment instructions carefully since most states cannot be paid from within the TT system and requires additional steps.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/what-are-my-options-for-getting-my-state-refund-or-fo...

On the return, I am not seeing a turbo tax logo nor instructions for payment; only what I owe on what appears to simply be the electronic version of the tax forms. Prior to filing electronically, I did provide my checking information. My federal was deducted 2 days after my return was accepted. State too was accepted, but nothing yet deducted. With the coming deadline in a few days, it seems there is no visibility from turbo tax online to confirm progress of the payment or if anything else is needed. The link provided goes to the federal information, nothing mentioned for state. Thank you. 

LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

When you set up an electronic payment in TurboTax, the program will ask for a date when you want the payment to come out, if you did not set up a date the default date is April 15th, 2024.  If you print your documents, the information about the state payment will be in the State Information Sheet.  

Check your bank statement to see if the amount was taken out. If you did not schedule an automatic withdrawal for your state tax payment you can contact your state Department of Revenue or mail a check instead.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies