notchriswells

My employer is in AZ and I worked for them in ID. Box 15 says ID, but there is not state ID number. What do I do?

JotikaT2

You will need to contact your employer.  

The state ID number is unique to your employer and you will want to make sure the number is entered correctly. 

This will ensure you receive credit for any income taxes withheld on your income tax return and prevent any delays in processing your return.

notchriswells

Thanks for your reply, but I am aware of the need for a unique state ID number. I am asking what I should do if the W-2 does not indicate any State ID number. 

JotikaT2

Did you have any withholdings listed in box 17, State income tax?  

If you did, you will still need to contact your employer to get their ID number.

You will not be able to electronically file as the values entered in box 15 will be used to match the information on file with the taxing agencies.