`

My 15 yr old daughter had $87.24 withheld for state taxes, they did not withhold any federal tax, can she just file a state form to get that back?

Yes, however, TurboTax will require that you prepare a federal return first, because the state information flows out of the federal return. Since you will not be filing a federal return, you will not be able to e-file the state return. In TurboTax when you are ready to file, select that you will print and mail both the state and federal returns. Then, only mail the state return.

Remember that in TurboTax online, each separate return requires a new account, although multiple accounts can share one email address for notification. Make sure to create a new separate account for your daughter. She should qualify to file for free. But does need a separate account.
*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**