Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Multiple Arizona State returns

I purchased the 2020 Deluxe edition of turbo tax.  In the past I have helped my children prepare and print their Arizona state tax returns using my edition of turbo tax.  This year I am having a problem with being able to prepare their State tax returns.  When I try to prepare an additional tax return for my children I am able to do the federal return but when I go into the state return it does not allow me to enter any data or move from page to page.  When I click on the edit button next to the state return there is no response.  I have already used my file for free state tax return.

Is it necessary for me to purchase software in order to prepare additional  state returns?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The Deluxe combo Federal and State version should allow you to prepare multiple Federal and multiple Arizona returns.    So I'll assume you started a brand new tax file for each of your children.  Then after completing each of their Federal returns you continued on to the State Taxes tab to prepare a state return, where you encountered the problems. 

Are you using the Windows version or Mac?

Run your program updater to be sure you have the latest updates, then restart your computer.

If you still have problems after that, and if you are using Windows, you can try running a repair:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/how-to-repair-turbotax-in-microsoft-w...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

We first need more info.

Please confirm what product platform you are using.   Did you buy the CD/download software and install it on your computer?   Or did you use Online TurboTax by logging into your online account through a browser?

If you purchased the desktop software, did you use that software?   We have seen some people install the software then end up using Online TurboTax by mistake.  

If you purchased and installed desktop software that included a state program, then you should be able to prepare multiple returns of that same state.   There is a $20 fee to efile each state return (except free for NY), but no fee to print and mail the state returns.

I bought the CD/download software and installed it on my computer.  I did not start or use the online turbo tax.

It did include 1 free state version which I have used but it won't allow me to prepare returns for my children.

The Deluxe combo Federal and State version should allow you to prepare multiple Federal and multiple Arizona returns.    So I'll assume you started a brand new tax file for each of your children.  Then after completing each of their Federal returns you continued on to the State Taxes tab to prepare a state return, where you encountered the problems. 

Are you using the Windows version or Mac?

Run your program updater to be sure you have the latest updates, then restart your computer.

If you still have problems after that, and if you are using Windows, you can try running a repair:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/how-to-repair-turbotax-in-microsoft-w...

Thank you for your help!  Problem solved!  Followed your recommendation of updating and turning off the computer.  It is now allowing me to complete a second state return. 

Good news!   You're welcome.

I'm glad it worked so you can proceed.   Good luck!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies