Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ddranalli
Returning Member

Moved NY->PA. In PA return, Dividends, TT says to report only those earned while in PA. For TT "Adjustment Amount", do I enter PA or amount for TT to subtract to get PA?

TT shows Total Ordinary Dividends and then asks for Adjustment Amount.  Do I enter the Dividends earned while I lived in PA -- or -- do I enter the NY amount for TT to subtract from the Total to get to the PA amount?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Moved NY->PA. In PA return, Dividends, TT says to report only those earned while in PA. For TT "Adjustment Amount", do I enter PA or amount for TT to subtract to get PA?

Assuming you were a part-year resident for New York at the beginning of the year but then moved to Pennsylvania during the year and established your domicile in Pennsylvania, you would need to allocate your dividend income based the percentage of time your resided in each state.  For example, if you lived in New York for 6 months and then lived in Pennsylvania for 6 months, then you would allocate 50% of the dividends to each state.  Make sure the amounts allocated to each state add to the overall total reported on your federal return. 

The adjustments will be made in the state interview sections for each state.  Please see this link for additional guidance to help you as you prepare part-year state returns for each state.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies