Move Date Won't Edit

B RadJ

Move Date Won't Edit

I inadvertently put the wrong date for a move in my profile section.  I noticed the error doing my CA state return.  I edited my profile (me and my wife) to correct the date, but the date will not change on the state tax form?  After the Capital Gain Loss sheet, the next sheet shows Residency Info which now contains incorrect date of move that can not be edited.

CarissaM

Move Date Won't Edit

Please edit the date on the My Info section as well as in the federal return. That will change it in the state return. 

randallreyna63

Move Date Won't Edit

I have the same problem. Editing this in “My Info” and in the federal returns does not work. May be a bug?

JotikaT2

Move Date Won't Edit

Not necessarily.  

While entering the information in the My info section of the software generates the state tax returns, you may still need to correct the dates on the state interview section.  Depending upon the state, the questions will be posed differently so it is important to read each question carefully to ensure your return is accurate.

You will need to go through your state interview section again to review the input and make your corrections there.

1. Select State in the black panel on the left hand side of your screen when logged into TurboTax.
  2. This will take you to a screen titled Let's get your state taxes done right.  Click continue on this screen.
  3. You will see the following screen titled Status of your state returns.  Select Edit to the right of the applicable state.

Edit state

@randallreyna63

randallreyna63

Move Date Won't Edit

This still doesn’t work. There is no solution yet. I was on the phone with support for over 3 hours and still never got it resolved. The only solution was to restart my state returns however i cannot do that since I already paid the fees. I don’t know what to do after all this.

randallreyna63

Move Date Won't Edit

Christina was able to fix it from turbo tax support!!!

The solution was to go to tools and delete the CA NR form and another form that contains the move in date from the federal returns and then I was able to re-enter the date after redoing the CA state returns.

Thank you!