stento

Live in Washington, but did contract work in California. Do we need to pay California income tax?

TomD8

Your question is answered here:  https://www.ftb.ca.gov/individuals/faq/ivr/210.shtml

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
Clew667

I work for a company in California. I live in a state with no state income tax. The company has mistakenly been deductions California income tax from my check. I received an e-mail that they have corrected the error and will “back out” my taxes from September. What does this mean?

Hal_Al

You'll have to ask your employer, to be sure.  But, it probably means they'll add the withholding money to you next pay check and make negative entries on the California income and withholding so that when you get a W-2 in January it will show 0 CA income and tax.