Chelebell44

Letter

New jersey state got my taxes but they sent me a letter and the letter is labeled NEW I am suppose to contact my tax preparer  which is turbotax 

fanfare

Letter

Besides being labelled NEW, what does the letter say about what your tax issue is ?

Chelebell44

Letter

Citicards social security card for everybody who's on my tax return if you claim 2 dependents their birth certificates and social security cards in a letter from there. Their parents transcript from the IRS I still need that they said I would have it by March 9th and it's still not here and all the W-2s

fanfare

Letter

Sounds like NJ wants you to prove that you are you,

you had income, and you are the parent of the two children.

Never send original documents in the mail.

photocopies only.

Letter

TurboTax is not your "tax preparer.''  TurboTax only provided the software for you to prepare a do-it-yourself tax return.  TT cannot help you verify your identity to the state.  Make copies of the documents etc. that the state requested and supply them to the state.