Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is there a delay in Alabama for state refund ? ?

I’m STILL getting that message and I filed 1/31/19. My online account just shows a balance of $0.00 for 2018 but I never got my $78 refund. Anyone else still waiting on 2018? I’m now waiting on 2018 AND 2019!

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Missing dollar amounts may be caused by a refund offset. This is when the government applies part or all of your refund towards your past-due income tax, child or spousal support, student loans, or state unemployment compensation debts.

If this happens, you should get a letter from the government explaining why you didn't get the entire refund.

Finally, the government may have made a correction to your tax return, resulting in a lower (or higher!) than anticipated refund. Again, you'll get an official explanatory letter when this happens.

Contact your state's Department of Revenue to find why they withheld part of your refund. See How do I contact my state Department of Revenue?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Bweeks89

Mine says it can't verify my wages for 2019 but they couldn't tell me what employer they are missing. 

DianeC958
Expert Alumni

You will need to contact the Alabama Department of Revenue.  Talk to them to see if you  send them a copy of all of your W-2s will that help to speed up the process.

@Bweeks89

I filed withTurbotax and Alabama said because my rate was over 25% or something like that I had to mail in my W2. Then they sent a letter asking to verify my identity. I did all that and my status has said processing for at least 12 weeks now. Should I call?  

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

You can use the following link to track the status of your 2019 tax refund for Alabama.

Track AL refund

It appears Alabama is still taking phone calls.  Please see the following link for more ways to contact Alabama if you are unable to track your refund using the link above.

Alabama revenue department operations

cuzziedi

Me to.  I just got off the phone and they are telling me 16 weeks.  I have filed taxes in this state for 23 years.  I have NEVER waited for 16 weeks.  This week is the 12 week mark.  When I first filed was checking my status I saw the message "your refund has been applied to a prior tax debt."  Did anyone else see this?

Did you ever find out what under review meant? I have the same message this year, that's never happened b4. How long did it take to get your refund 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

It literally means it is being reviewed. Either they will decide it is good and send your refund or they will ask for more information. AL is pretty easy to deal with to get things straightened out - if you do receive a letter.

@DISPATCHER  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies