nooch

Invalid 'MM/DD/YYYY' Date error on CF-1040

The system isn't accepting date inputs for two fields in form CF-1040. A "from and "to" date requesting my work-at-home time in 2020. I'm inputting 03/24/2020 for "from" and 12/31/2020 for "to". The system seems to auto change my date entry to 03/24/20 and 12/31/20 respectively after I click submit, so when I attempt to complete the process it directs me to review the filing. When the review page populates, it fills the incorrect format of xx/xx/20. I delete the incorrect format and place with the correct 03/24/2020 and 12/31/2020 dates, successfully submit, then am led back to a review prompt saying there is an issue with my date format. It then brings me back to the review page where the dates are changed, post-submission, to 03/24/20 and 12/31/20.

I have attempted to fix about 10 times and also contacted customer service. They recommended I delete the form, which I have deleted and refilled, and the same error is occurring.

DaraLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Thank you for sharing this detailed information about what you're encountering.  It is our desire to find a resolution for you and others that might be having a similar experience in the program. 

In addition to what you've already provided, can you please note the exact message and where you are encountering that message in the program?  We will work with you towards a resolution to file your return accurately.

shcje

I am having the same issue with this form in TurboTax for my non-resident City taxes for Lansing. The error message comes up when I try to transmit my federal and state returns. The error says that I have to enter "to" and "from" dates that I worked from home which I did enter on the CF-1040 in the mm/dd/yyyy format, but Turbo Tax is not accepting the dates which is preventing me from e-filing. I am not even e-filing the city taxes, they are being mailed, so I  don't know why this is preventing me from e-filing federal and state. Very frustrating. Do you have a fix for this yet? 

shcje

The message occurs when I click transmit my returns now. The page that comes up states:

"We need to make one more check. Everything looks great on your return. We've double checked it for accuracy and to make sure you got all the tax breaks you deserve. But before you e-file, we need a little more information that we didn't need earlier."

My choices are continue or change filing method. When I click continue, it takes me to the CF-1040 where the to and from dates are entered correctly, but they are in red font. I re-enter the dates, it takes me back to transmit my returns, then I'm back getting the quote above again and am stuck in a loop where I cannot transmit any of my federal and state returns because TurboTax is seeing a bogus error on the CF-1040. Help!

AkinaLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Please manually go through the forms section and delete the form, then try to add it again.  

Here's an article with instructions to delete a form. 

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?  

GMD44

I am having the same issue with the CF-1040 Walker version.  I have deleted the form and started over and I get the same results.  This looks like a program issue either in the validation routine or the size of the field that the data is being placed into. (Truncating the last 2 digits of the date)  Please create this as a high priority issue to be fixed as it is stopping a lot of us from finishing our Taxes.

sjsaxton1

I am having the same issue and am ready to efile my returns.  I deleted the form and added it back. Still will not accept the dates I entered.  Hopefully you can put a priority on this fix so I can finish up.

dore7tvet

I am having the same issue with Grand Rapids.  They do not accept electronic filing so I need to mail them.  Tried the same things everyone else is reporting.  I agree with the data truncation or the field size/format for the date.  This is the last step I need to complete so I can file my taxes.

dwmcgehee

I am having the exact same issue with Grand Rapids and Walker.    I am unable to file now until a fix is applied.

princess4life463

Ive already talked to 2 specialists on the phone and spent over 3 hours total with them and the only answer I get is to give us time. I've repeatedly asked for the number to get a refund for the money I paid since I am done waiting for something they refuse to notify the correct people of the issue so it can be resolved. We've deleted and redone my entire return twice with the error still being in place. I've been told wait 24 hours and I waited 5 days without any change in the error. I've used Turbo tax for the last 15+ years and this is the worst experience I've had.

dore7tvet

The issue must be resolved.  I started TurboTax this morning - 02/11/21 and it said there was an update.  I ran it and it installed/updated Michigan.  Once completed I opened my return and ran error check.  There date errors we no longer flagged.