If I live in Texas but went to job corp for six months in Oklahoma do I count this as being a resident in another state

No. Oklahoma says that you are considered a resident if you are domiciled in Oklahoma. Domicile is a person's true, fixed and permanent home. It is the place the person intends to return whenever away. A domicile (in your case, Texas) once established remains until a new one is adopted. Any person who spends more than seven months of the year in OK is considered to be a resident. Since you were there temporarily for Job Corps for less than 7 months, you would not be considered to be a resident of Oklahoma.