Solved: I worked and was a resident of Virginia but my company put DE on my w2?

I worked and was a resident of Virginia but my company put DE on my w2?

I work and live in Virginia but my company put DE on my W2. I called and asked my old employer to fix it and they said no. Now that I am trying to file my taxes they are saying that I owe Delaware state taxes because of the DE on my W2. What can I do to fix this? 

Was there any withholding to DE on your W-2? If so, you'll need to file a NonResident return for DE to show that the income wasn't earned there, so you can get your withholding refunded.

File a Full Year NonResident return for DE. On the screen Delaware Source Income, enter zero  (0) in the box provided. Continue through the rest of the return. See the screenshot.

If there was no withholding to Delaware, you may want to follow the same procedure to  avoid having to answer the state of DE if they question you about this down the line.

Thank you so much

You're welcome! It's an inconvenience for you, at the very least.