Solved: I work for a company in Virginia, but live in Tennessee where there are several times a year that I telecommute. Can I deduct these hours from my non-resident Virginia income?

I work for a company in Virginia, but live in Tennessee where there are several times a year that I telecommute. Can I deduct these hours from my non-resident Virginia income?

Other employees do this for telecommuting, and paid time off. I have never attempted this before.

Yes, if you work remotely in TN for some part of the year, you will not need to include the amount of your wages that are considered TN-source on your VA nonresident state income tax return. (Work is usually sourced to where the work is performed so for the time you work remotely in TN, this will be considered TN-source income.)