turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jobeanf

I sold my used personal use trailer (located and registered in PA) in PA, at a capital loss. Do I have to file a tax return in PA as a nonresident?

Sale took place in PA, buyer was from NY and transported trailer back to NY.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BobB7

I sold my used personal use trailer (located and registered in PA) in PA, at a capital loss. Do I have to file a tax return in PA as a nonresident?

If the sale was at a loss, it was entirely a personal use trailer, and no 1099 was received, then it doesn't go on the return at all.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BobB7

Did you get a 1099-S form for the sale?
jobeanf

No, and actually, it was apparently not registered in PA (sorry, I'm actually asking for my elderly dad).  It was a park model mobilehome, purchased in NJ, that he kept in a RV park space in PA ever since, but never registered there (or anywhere after the first year).  Sale took place in PA, buyer hauled it to NY.
BobB7

If the sale was at a loss, it was entirely a personal use trailer, and no 1099 was received, then it doesn't go on the return at all.

jobeanf

Thank you!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies