The 1099-G is either the state tax refund you got back for 2015 taxes, or unemployment income you received. If it is the unemployment income, yes it needs to be reported in the program.
If is a state refund, it only needs to be reported if you itemized your deductions on 2015 which caused the refund. You will be able to enter it here:
1. Login to your TurboTax Account
2. Click Continue Your Return
3. On the top right corner of the screen you will see My Account, click My Account
4. Click Tools
5. Click Topic Search
6. In the Search box you can type in '1099-G' or 'state refund', when this appears in the search result, highlight it and click go
7. Follow the interview questions.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Still have questions?Make a post