Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I purchased Premier which comes with NY State returrn pre-installed since I live in NY State. I need to install Wisconsin State return for when I help a family member with her taxes. Since NY State came preinstalled, is the Wisconsin download my free st

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I purchased Premier which comes with NY State returrn pre-installed since I live in NY State. I need to install Wisconsin State return for when I help a family member with her taxes. Since NY State came preinstalled, is the Wisconsin download my free st

No.  No state is "preinstalled".  NY would be your first free state.  

View solution in original post

Or are  you referring to NY is free to efile?  You still have to download and install the NY program.  So if that is the first state you download it is included.  Then each additional state Program is $40.

Then NY is free to efile.  All other states are $20 (25 March 1) to efile or you can print and mail state returns for free.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

No.  No state is "preinstalled".  NY would be your first free state.  

Or are  you referring to NY is free to efile?  You still have to download and install the NY program.  So if that is the first state you download it is included.  Then each additional state Program is $40.

Then NY is free to efile.  All other states are $20 (25 March 1) to efile or you can print and mail state returns for free.  

Thanks for helpful information, I appreciate it!  Just an "opinion" statement from me: $65 (as of March 1-Friday) is a lot of $!  Even with the $10 credit Turbotax offers--$55 is a lot!  I probably will download state return from Wisconsin's website and mail!  [NYS requires e-filing!]  Blessings and Thanks to you VolvoGirl! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies