codynahrgang

I need to file MN and WI. I was a part year resident of MN. I need my amount from Wisconsin Form 1NPR for a credit on my MN return. Where do find it?

I've finished my wisconsin but cant find my wisconsin AGI or taxes paid. Do I have to file WI before I can start MN?
ErnieS0

A part-year resident of Minnesota would not receive a credit for Wisconsin tax unless you were working in WI at the same time you were living in MN.

If you lived in MN and worked in MN and then moved to WI and worked in WI, all your MN income would be taxed to MN and all your WI income would be taxed by WI. There would be no other state tax credit.

If you worked in WI while living in MN then your WI adjusted gross income (AGI) will be line 31 of Form 1NPR and your tax will be line 39.

leytonsnell

But how do you see the 1NPR form?  I lived in WI then moved to MN. My MN work took taxes out for both WI and MN. 

MayaD

Can you please clarify if you had any income earned while living in MN and working in WI?

To view your return before filing:

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Select Tax Tools in the left menu (if you don't see this, select the menu icon in the upper-left corner).
  3. With the Tax Tools menu open, you can then:
  4. Preview your entire return: Select Print Center and then Print, Save, or Preview This Year's Return (you may be asked to register or pay first).