m-bossert248

I moved to NY for 153 days. Still own our home in Colorado, moved back 3/16/2017. Why does it say I'm a residences of NY?

ToddL

If you said you "Lived in another state in 2016", the program will consider you as a resident of that state.

If your stay in New York was intended to be temporary and Colorado is your "home", here is how to fix this:

When you complete the Personal Interview:

1. Select Colorado as your state of residence on December 31, 2016;
  2. Answer "No" when asked if you "Lived in another state in 2016?" That question only applies if you changed your state of residence in 2016.
  3. Unless you had income from NY or any state other than CO, .answer "No" when asked if you "Earned money in another state?"

ToddL