Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I moved to California from Washington on October 1st I still don't have address in California, (Living in temporary place - Airbnb). My address is still in Washington.

I work for the same company. How do I file my taxes?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I moved to California from Washington on October 1st I still don't have address in California, (Living in temporary place - Airbnb). My address is still in Washington.

likely you'll get a w-2 showing the portion of wages that are California (and related California w/h) since Washington does not have a personal income tax.    you will file California as a part yer resident only reporting income received from 10/1 on .this would include income other than wages

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If you are asking what address you put on your tax return, it it where you want the IRS to be able to contact you by mail or mail your refund check to you and can even be a PO box.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Are you asking if you need to file a CA return?  Did you earn income in CA?
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Yes I earned income in California from the same company. Until September I got paid in Washington From October here in California. My question is how do I file. Do I need to do it separate or there is a way to do combine it together. Washington doesn't have any state tax California has.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

likely you'll get a w-2 showing the portion of wages that are California (and related California w/h) since Washington does not have a personal income tax.    you will file California as a part yer resident only reporting income received from 10/1 on .this would include income other than wages

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies