dhuner

I mistakenly entered receiving funds from a Qualified State tuition program, thereby receiving taxable income and a tax to pay. How do I eliminate that entry?

MiriamF

Did you receive a 1099-Q for this distribution?

The only forms I can find to delete are the 1099-Q and the 1099-Q summary. The 1099-Qs can be deleted by clicking the Delete button beside the issuer on the Form 1099-Q Summary page.

There is also a 1099-Q Summary among the forms that you have created. You can delete that form by following the instructions below.

When a QTP or (529 plan) is used to pay for education expenses, the 1099-Q is sent to both the beneficiary and the owner of the plan. Only the beneficiary (or the beneficiary's parents, if the beneficiary is a dependent) needs to file this form.

MiriamF