Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2023 Amended Return Rejected

After E-Filing my 2023 Federal return and receiving the expected refund, I received a Schedule K-1 form and needed to update my return accordingly. I entered the amend process in TurboTax 2023 Deluxe and input the K-1 data into the program and E-Filed the amended version, which was rejected. I then tried updating the return thinking I may have missed or mistakenly entered data and resubmitted, which was again rejected. Clicking on Check E-file Status, I get the following:

E-file StatusE-file Status

What does Return reviewed mean? 

I've received no emails indicating why the submissions were rejected. My email address should be good because I'm getting emails notifying me of badges earned on TurboTax Community where I'm trying to understand this problem.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I ended up speaking with Turbotax support and they suggested changing a few zero entries by blanking them out. I shared my screen with the support agent and she directed me to the different zero entries she thought might be causing the rejection with no reason provided. She also indicated that if it was not successful, I would need to mail in the amended return.

I resubmitted my E-file of my amended return and it was eventually again rejected. I ended up mailing in my return to the IRS.

JulieS, thank you for your reply.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

No, that isn't very helpful. Try selecting the blue link there that says Review again. If that still doesn't show you something helpful, select the Review tab and run the full Review again. 

If you get a message, but you aren't sure what it means, please respond back to this thread and TurboTax can help you further. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I ended up speaking with Turbotax support and they suggested changing a few zero entries by blanking them out. I shared my screen with the support agent and she directed me to the different zero entries she thought might be causing the rejection with no reason provided. She also indicated that if it was not successful, I would need to mail in the amended return.

I resubmitted my E-file of my amended return and it was eventually again rejected. I ended up mailing in my return to the IRS.

JulieS, thank you for your reply.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies