Solved: I made purchases from two different companies. They are stating I may be required to remit "use tax" to the PA Department of Revenue. What should I do?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redapple

I made purchases from two different companies. They are stating I may be required to remit "use tax" to the PA Department of Revenue. What should I do?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BMcCalpin
Level 13

I made purchases from two different companies. They are stating I may be required to remit "use tax" to the PA Department of Revenue. What should I do?

A "use tax" is a tax that most states collect nowadays. It is the sales tax on items that you bought out of state and on which no PA (in your case) was collected (I assume you live in PA).

In the Pennsylvania interview, you will come to a screen with the heading "Untaxed Out-of-State Purchases". Answer "yes", and then answer the questions on the following screens.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BMcCalpin
Level 13

A "use tax" is a tax that most states collect nowadays. It is the sales tax on items that you bought out of state and on which no PA (in your case) was collected (I assume you live in PA).

In the Pennsylvania interview, you will come to a screen with the heading "Untaxed Out-of-State Purchases". Answer "yes", and then answer the questions on the following screens.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings