scbeaty

I'm in the military with Texas state residency. My wife changed from DC to CA residency in Oct. She made ~1300 before expenses in a home business.Does she need to file?

soar1

It depends on whether this was her total income for the year.  The IRS website says that you must file if your Adjusted Gross Income is >$5 for 2018 (https://www.irs.gov/help/ita/do-i-need-to-file-a-tax-return).  If she is showing a net loss, if this was her only income source, and if she is married filing separately, and if she provided at least 50% of her own support, then she would not have to file.