Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm a professional Player that lives in San Diego, California. My contract was signed in the United States but I play in Indonesia and Russia, what's my tax implications.

I want to know if I pay US taxes or foreign. If foreign how do I determine the tax rates?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

I'm a professional Player that lives in San Diego, California. My contract was signed in the United States but I play in Indonesia and Russia, what's my tax implications.

Are you a US citizen or resident alien? US citizens and resident aliens are taxed on all worldwide income.

However you may be able to claim a foreign earned income exclusion if you are physically present in a foreign country or countries for at least 330 full days during any period of 12 consecutive months.

See Foreign Earned Income Exclusion

You may also claim a credit or deduction for tax paid to Indonesia and Russia for income that is not included in the foreign tax credit. (You can't exempt income and claim a tax credit on income that's not taxed by the US). Some people chose the tax credit instead of the exclusion. Others have income above the exclusion level that can be applied against the credit,.

See Foreign Tax Credit

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You should have been asking these questions before you signed on the dotted line.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies