bhinricks

I'll soon be moving from New York City to Denver, and will be telecommuting 100% of the time for my job. Will my income be taxed in both states?

I understand that New York has a telecommuting "tax penalty" pursuant to which they'll tax my income as if I were still living there, and I assume I'll still be subject to tax in Colorado by virtue of living there. Is this right? Does anyone know whether Colorado has tax credits to mitigate the double-taxation? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes Colorado allows a credit for its resident's who have income taxed by another state.  form 104cr

In the MY INFO  program you must indicate your resident state and all the states you earned income then in the STATE tab  the order of completion will be set ... you MUST complete them in that order so the credit will be completed correctly.