maaliksimmons6

I lived in D.C all of 2017 after moving from Maryland. I didn't realize to change my withholding until midway through 2017. How should I file my two respective W2s?

I started working in D.C while living in Maryland. Then I moved into d.c and continued working in D.C but I forgot to change the withholding so I have W2s from both Maryland and D.C and I am unsure how to file because I lived the entire year in D.C

Rachel_W

You will file a DC Resident Return (DC 40 or DC 40EZ) since you lived in DC the entire year.  

In addition, you will need to file a MD Non-resident (MD 505) return to get a full refund of the MD taxes withheld from your W2.

Please comment below if I can help you further with your question.

Rachel_W

maaliksimmons6

Thank you! Should I enter the W2 information exactly as is or should I put my entire year's income on the DC resident form?