I have a very important question and it is that I ...

edwinomar33

I have a very important question and it is that I live in Massachusetts, but I work in Connecticut, and in my work they give me two W2, the problem is how I fill in the taxes here in Turbo tax, becaus

,because I really do not understand how to do it, if not wrong.  I'm wrong only in the state of Massachusetts, I only have to put the state income tax ?????
DJS

You report all your income and file a resident tax return in Massachusetts and a nonresident tax return in Connecticut. 

In general, the nonresident's state of residence will allow a credit for the income taxes paid to Connecticut for income earned in Connecticut.  The nonresident who works in Connecticut will be required to file a nonresident return (Form CT-1040NR/PY) in Connecticut as well as a resident income tax return in his state of residence.

Please see the following: https://portal.ct.gov/DRS/Individuals/Individual-Tax-Page/Nonresident-Working-in-Connecticut#:~:text... 

Also, for more general information please see: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/state-taxes/multiple-states-figuring-whats-owed-when-you-live-a... 

Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.
**If this post is helpful please click on "thumbs up"**
Mike9241

when doing TT make sure you complete the non-resident state first. this is necessary so the correct credit is calculated for your resident state.