Did you file a School District (SD) return and just not pay the balance due?
Did you fail to file a SD return?
Did you file a SD return, but the state is saying the calculations are wrong?
TurboTax does not automatically prepare a School District return; you have to select that you want to do one, in the Ohio portion of the software.
TurboTax (TT) does not automatically prepare a School District return, you must initiate it.
At the screen, in the Ohio program, titled "A few things before we wrap up your state taxes"
scroll down to School District taxes.
Or later at the screen "Your 2021 Ohio Taxes are ready for us to check"
-Click Other situations
-Scroll down to School District taxes.
Usually the School District return is e-filed with the state return, but there are exceptions. Read the Ohio 'filing instructions" that TurboTax prepares, They will tell you if the SD100 was e-filed or if you have to mail it.
As suggested by Hal_AI above, to create your school district tax return in TurboTax Online:
- Select State in the left pane of the TurboTax program
- Select Continue on the Let's get your state taxes done right page
- If you’ve already started working on your state return, select Edit or Continue to the right. If you haven’t started yet, select Add a State and then choose Ohio in the dropdown
- Work through the state pages
- Scroll down once you’re on the A few things before we wrap up your state taxes page
- Under School district taxes, select Start to the right of Ohio school district taxes
- Make entries as appropriate on the subsequent screens
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Still have questions?Make a post