Solved: I eFiled all my tax returns (Fed, NJ, CT). My NJ return is still in 'Pending' status. I have a Form NJ-8879. What am I supposed to do with it?

I eFiled all my tax returns (Fed, NJ, CT). My NJ return is still in 'Pending' status. I have a Form NJ-8879. What am I supposed to do with it?

Sign it and keep it with your records.  Signing that form is the equivalent of signing your tax return.  You do not send it in to NJ and has nothing to do with your NJ return in a Pending status.  Some states have added additional layers of verification that have delayed e-filing acceptance.  The fact that the return status says pending means that it has been sent.  Acceptance should follow soon, but sometimes takes an extra day or two for some states.

Hi    Transmitted NJ individual return on 7/15/20 @2pm.   Today is 7/18/20 and return is still in pending status.   Is this the new norm?  On average how long does it take an efiled NJ return to go from pending status to accepted status?? 

There is often a lag between the acceptance of the federal and state returns.  July 15 was the deadline so the system may be overwhelmed.

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.