Solved: I do not want to do state at this time how do I do federal and not state

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do not want to do state at this time how do I do federal and not state

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

Here are two ways to skip your state in TurboTax Online:

1) Delete your state return, file your federal return now, and then come back later re-do your state return;
     https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301384
--------------------------------------

2) Pay for both your federal and state returns now, and when you get to the Let's get ready to e-file screen, select the File by mail button and click the I'm not ready to file radio button below your state and click save.

Method 1 doesn't require up-front payment for your state, but you'll have to re-enter your state information. Method 2 saves the work you did on your state return but requires up-front payment.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 15

Here are two ways to skip your state in TurboTax Online:

1) Delete your state return, file your federal return now, and then come back later re-do your state return;
     https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301384
--------------------------------------

2) Pay for both your federal and state returns now, and when you get to the Let's get ready to e-file screen, select the File by mail button and click the I'm not ready to file radio button below your state and click save.

Method 1 doesn't require up-front payment for your state, but you'll have to re-enter your state information. Method 2 saves the work you did on your state return but requires up-front payment.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings