Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Marhck4
Returning Member

I did my taxes in February I now got a letter saying they are unable to process my electronic return for Illinois that I have to send things in.

Turbo tax is about to take 230 dollars from me and I think it's unfair I still haven't got a refund
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I did my taxes in February I now got a letter saying they are unable to process my electronic return for Illinois that I have to send things in.

Who sent you a letter?  The state of IL?   It is not uncommon for the state to request additional information in order to verify your identity or your income.  You do not say what information they requested.  Once the state accepts your tax return,  TurboTax gets no further information from the state.    This is now a matter between you and the state.  Provide the state with the information they requested as soon as possible so that you can receive your state refund.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Be aware that TurboTax charges you for tax preparation,

and does not guarantee that your claimed refund will be approved.

@Marhck4 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies