Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can file the Federal form. Iowa states "Dividend Income Worksheet: Payer has too many characters." Info was uploaded automatically by TT. How do I fix this for Iowa?

I cannot efile Iowa unless this is fixed.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I can file the Federal form. Iowa states "Dividend Income Worksheet: Payer has too many characters." Info was uploaded automatically by TT. How do I fix this for Iowa?

@kdroberts44 

You navigate back to the Federal Wages&Income page and edit every 1099-DIV form that has an unusually long name.  Abbreviate where possible.  Company =Co ... Incorporated = Inc ... Investments = Inv , or chop off some excess words that probably are not necessary.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
higgy3000

I'm getting the same error for Iowa Information Worksheet but says Check This Entry Dividend Income Worksheet? Payer has too many characters.  It is highlighting the Spouse first name and this is a single payer tax for.  Seems to be an error with the Iowa tax form.

higgy3000

I had to go to the 1099 in federal and shorten the financial name in a couple of areas for Fidelity.  Seemed to work.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies