z11

I am a California resident but I started working in Ohio since November 2016. Wouldn't I still be a CA resident if I return before 6months? Will this affect my EITC

Will this Effect EITC?

Hal_Al

You are entitled to the CA state EITC if you resided in CA for more than half the year. So you qualify for 2016.

If your OH job is temporary and you intend to return to CA, you should file a full year CA return and file a non-resident OH return. Temporary for tax purposes is defined as expected to last less than 1 year and actually does last less than 1 year.

Reference: https://www.ftb.ca.gov/individuals/faq/net/900.shtml

z11

I lived in CA until Nov. 25th 2016
Rainman12

That means you file as  Part Year resident for both CA and OH. Does not affect Federal EITC ...
Hal_Al