Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jct--Sr

How does Turbo Tax know the amount for State Sales and Use tax estimate for items purchased outside of my state?

Weirdly, Turbotax came up with a figure which was only $2.00 off what I had figured and I had not even told them what or how much I purchased. Is this a standard figure given to everyone for purchases less than the stated $1000.00 per item? There is no way Turbotax could have known what items I purchased out of state! Or...is there? I purchased maybe 9 items but the software never asked how many or how much everything cost. Coincidence? Or luck? Or something else entirely? Perplexing! Thanks! 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

How does Turbo Tax know the amount for State Sales and Use tax estimate for items purchased outside of my state?

Coincidence.  There is a standard calculation done based on your income and state, but TurboTax does not have the details of your purchases.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Coincidence.  There is a standard calculation done based on your income and state, but TurboTax does not have the details of your purchases.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies