sunnyone393

How do you calculate double-taxed income for DC and MD when you have separate W2's for those two states? Where can I find/calculate that and the 'tax paid' question?

Hi, 

In 2017, I was a part-time resident in DC and a full-time resident in MD. I have a W2 from my employer for each state. How do I determine if I have double-taxed income? How can I find how many taxes I paid to Maryland and/or DC on double-taxed income? Do I have to fill out that double-taxed info for both my DC and MD 2017 return?

Thanks much, 
Jackie

TerryA

DC has a reciprocal agreement with MD such that DC residents receiving wages from working in MD do not pay MD tax on those wages. DC doesn't tax nonresidents at all so the reverse situation is N/A. In any case, you cannot have double-taxed wages between those two states.