coop58

How do I swap my wife and I between primary taxpayer and spouse in federal personal info worksheet when filing MJF federal and MFS KY Me -full year res, wife part year ?

Folowed instruction to create two mock federal returns to generate separate Full year KY for me and Part year for my wife, (now in SD with no State income tax). Tried to make her Mock return by editing my mock return , but can't  figure out how to make her primary taxpayer, (head of household) by editing my mock return. Won't let her get tax credit in KY for other state income tax paid for rental income we have to Oregon. Do I need to start a completely separate return for her, or am I missing how to flip a status box for our roles as taxpayer /spouse somewhere in personal info worksheet.

Thanks

Anita01

You need to start her mock return from scratch.  Don't try to adjust yours.