GreenApple123

How do I safely remove State data not used???

I am doing the Tax for my daughter and myself. I have worked in two states: NY and NJ; and she lives/works only in NJ.

So, my turbotax includes one free state NJ, and I bought NY. So, for my return, I saw Federal Return/NY Tax Due/NJ Tax Due. When I open my daughter's return, it also shows Federal Return/NY Tax Due/NJ Tax Due.

How do I remove NY from her return?  I found out that under the File menu, there is "Remove Data" (and it shows NY and NJ). Can I just remove NY from her return? I am afraid this will also de-install my NY state, and I will lose all my NY data entered???

DavidD66

It sounds like you are using TurboTax Desktop.  If you want to remove a state  from a return, while in that return, Click on File, Click on Remove State Return, Clcik on 2020 New York Individual Income Tax Return.   This will only remove New York from the return you are in when you perform these steps.

DavidD66