Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I receive a version of TurboTax that contains the forms needed for Taxpayer and Spouse Different Residency?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

How do I receive a version of TurboTax that contains the forms needed for Taxpayer and Spouse Different Residency?

Turbo Tax has all the forms you need for your situation.

Each state has rules on how to handle spouse living separately. The federal government will allow you to file joint of married filing separate.

Here is a link to states and their instructions. 

There is a difference between living apart and happily married working together with a home base versus legally separated and waiting for divorce. Each state has different residency rules.

If you would reply and clarify your situation, we can be of more help.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When reviewing my Missouri State return, TurboTax took me to a screen that says this. So my question is, how do I get the version of TurboTax that gives me access to the forms?

Missouri now allows each one of you to calculate your taxes independently of each other on the same form. This means one spouse can take a state tax credit for double taxed income while the other spouse just reports only Missouri source income (allocates income).

TurboTax for the Web does not fully support this type of tax return using the interview. You will need to complete part of your tax return by leaving the interview and using forms mode. Contact our Technical Support Department to obtain a version of TurboTax which contains access to the actual forms.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies