Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gbanger89

How do I know if the state is processing the payment of my state (NC) tax bill?

I set both my federal and state tax bills to be paid online on 02/08/17. However, only the federal taxes have been charged from my account. I know the deadline isn't until April, but I just want to know how long I should wait before I should worry that they won't charge me and my payment will not be on time.
Thank you in advance for your help.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ddaven12

The payment is usually debited from your bank account within 48 hours of the scheduled payment date. If the date falls on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the next business day. You can certainly contact the North Carolina Department of Revenue to inquire about the scheduled payment. Their contact phone number is 1-877-252-3052.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ddaven12

The payment is usually debited from your bank account within 48 hours of the scheduled payment date. If the date falls on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the next business day. You can certainly contact the North Carolina Department of Revenue to inquire about the scheduled payment. Their contact phone number is 1-877-252-3052.

#2...if you "think" you arranged the Debit when you e-file your NC tax return.....then you are mistaken....that cannot be done...

NC can only be paid separately from your tax filing......either using a paper check, that you mail in......or by using NC's tax payment website:

http://www.dornc.com/electronic/d400v.html

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies