turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cmkumor

How do I get a refund from the city of Philadelphia? My wife's employer incorrectly coded her W2 to withhold Phila city taxes but we live in a different locality.

My wife's company erroneously withheld Philadelphia city taxes but we live in a different municipality (she doesnt work in Philly, either). Will PA refund us for the difference when we file PA state, or do I have to fill out other paperwork?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

How do I get a refund from the city of Philadelphia? My wife's employer incorrectly coded her W2 to withhold Phila city taxes but we live in a different locality.

File an Employee Wage Tax Refund Petition with the Philadelphia Department of Revenue to receive a refund of Philadelphia Wage Tax mistakenly withheld on your W-2.

Paper and online 2020 Wage Tax refund forms are unavailable until February. Check back at Wage Tax refund forms only for 2020.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

File an Employee Wage Tax Refund Petition with the Philadelphia Department of Revenue to receive a refund of Philadelphia Wage Tax mistakenly withheld on your W-2.

Paper and online 2020 Wage Tax refund forms are unavailable until February. Check back at Wage Tax refund forms only for 2020.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cmkumor

Thank you!!!

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing

Related Content

Manage cookies