leilani0825

How do I fill out this residence section for my daughter who is a Washington resident but attends school and temporarily lives in Oregon?

I put WA as her state of residence, answered Yes to her living in another state in 2016. But by doing so, when it asks how long has been a resident (and I'm thinking WA, so I put her birthdate), Turbo Tax says I can only go as far back as 01/01/2016. Confusing! Can anyone help me determine what I'm doing wrong? As a student, she is NOT a resident of Oregon.

chas1

Students away at college aren't considered residents of the state their college is in.  They are residents of their home state.

chas1